...relish...

I am beginning to think that I am the only person in the world that gets the pleasure of having extraordinarily weird things happen to me. I know I am not the only person but sometimes I seem to think so. 

I remember being in high school... I was a bit of a nerd... and hearing all the popular girls talk about hanging with their big sisters and crazy stuff happening to them. I always wanted to be able to have a funny story that involved me and sister acting a fool and people laughing at it. I would literally sit around and think up situations that could happen and then laugh for hours about it, wishing that it was true. 

Well, I got my fix, that's for sure. 

Lately I have been working on moving and going to Jackson and looking for jobs and finding a sublease and all that jazz. I don't think I have ever had more random things happen to me than in this past month.

Example 1:
 I love horses. Everyone knows that. I was in Greensboro, Al and there was one in the middle of the road. I like to think that I was being a good samaritan by avoiding potential life threatening situations by getting mr. horsey out of the road, but honestly, I was pretty stoked he even let me touch him. He didn't stay long but just like 1/2 of the Married Couple said when she saw a horse in the road: 
"He was meant to be there. He knew I was coming and he knew I needed a friend."
Jay Bug, I totally understand now. He ended up running off into a clearing where I helped the owners round him up, but for that moment I was on top of the world with mr. horsey. 

Example 2:
I went to Shiloh for a night to visit Daddy and Shot and watch Shot's band play in our barn. When I drop up, there were cars lined down our driveway. That doesn't say much until I tell you that our driveway is 1/4 of a mile long. Yea. The taurus barely got me home. Well Shot is always so protective over me and when the night was over, I found myself sober, sleeping in MY room, sharing it with someone who claimed it was theirs. Not only did this dude think he was in HIS room, but he talked and talked and talked. I was livid. My brother was sleeping soundly in his room where the passed out guy was sleeping, while I was stuck with drunk guy running his chow chomper 90 to nothing. That night, I slept on the only couch that Daddy owns, which is missing a leg while dude slept in my room.

Example 3:
Today I went grocery shopping. I HATE shopping in any shape, form, or fashion. I sat for at least 15 mins looking at pickles. I had the WORST craving ever. I didn't know which kind I wanted, so I just got all kinds of different dill pickles. I got dill relish because when I was at Marmie's this past weekend, I kept looking for pickles and all she had was dill relish. Everytime I would get a craving, I would grab a spoon and scoop some dill relish... but shhhhh. Don't tell. 
My fridge now looks like a cannery. 

Example 4: 
I am from the countriest of the country, and I did my first donut last night on a gas pad in Brookwood. I also loved it. 

Example 5:
 I have been trying to say the word "statistics" for abouuuuttt ohhhhhhh..... 3 hours now. I was reminded by Brookwood gas pad donut friend that I couldn't say it :(

Ok.. now that I made it to 5, I'm bored. Night. 

-g 

No comments:

Post a Comment